Featuring our delicious new Better Beans and nutrient rich, gluten free Good Gut Loaf, our Big (Better) Bean Shakshouka is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and everything in between.
What you will need:
- 1 x Jar MessySpoon Better Beans - Capsicum & Garlic,
- Small handful of olives (I like un pitted, chilli & fennel olives)
- Few sprig'sl of fresh oregano
- 4 free range fresh eggs (room temp)
- Pre heat the oven to medium high grill (around 180/200*C)
- Heat a medium large skillet (or frying pan that can safely go into the oven or under the grill) over a high heat. Add the jar of beans into the pan and bring to a simmer stirring occasionally.
- Add the olives and oregano into the beans, stir and then roughly make 4 deep holes/wells in the beans with the back of a spoon.
- Crack an egg into each of the wells, use the spoon to wiggle around slightly if needed. Season the eggs lightly with salt and pepper.
- Keep on the heat for about 4-5 minutes until whites are pretty much set, then place the skillet in the middle shelf of the oven for 5-10 minutes until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny - you can give the pan a shake and see if the whites are still wobbly.
Serve up straight away with toast.x